Saturday, March 03, 2012

SABATO MUSICALE - LUCIO DALLA

The world of Italian music is in mourning this weekend for one of its greatest lights, the singer-songwriter Lucio Dalla, who died suddenly on Thursday morning.  He is probably best known outside Italy for the song Caruso.

As one who came to Lucio Dalla's music late in life, I appreciated the melodies as oases in a world of noise and I loved the beautifully crafted lyrics.

Grazie, Lucio.

Lucio Dalla - Cara



"Buonanotte, anima mia 
adesso spengo la luce e così sia"

"Goodnight, my soul
Now I'll put out the light and so be it."


5 comments:

Rosa said...

I love this song. I bought this album when I was 18 on my first trip to Italy and zealously learn't all the words. A passion for Italians and Italy began with Lucio. Thank you for this tribute.

Jenny Woolf said...

I don't understand the lyrics, as I don't speak Italian, but it's a beautiful song

LindyLouMac said...

A lovely tribute Pat, I posted my own this morning :)

rochambeau said...

So sorry to hear of your countries loss!
xox
Constance

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks for sharing that story, Scintilla. Hi, Jenny. Yes, it is beautiful and so simple. Hi, LindyLouMac. Will be over to your blog asap. He will be missed. Thank you, Constance. x

Counters


View My Stats