Friday, October 07, 2016

CONTORNO



I got the idea for serving fried courgette slices with mint and garlic from a TV programme but the other ingredients are my suggestions:

Fry courgette slices [not too thick, not too thin] in olive oil till golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper.

Put in a serving dish and sprinkle with plenty of chopped mint, a little parsley, a chopped garlic clove, chilli flakes to taste, salt [Himalayan pink salt works well] and the grated rind of a lemon.

A good side dish - buon appetito.

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Himalayan pink salt - love it.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

As I recall you don't like salt very much, James.

Jenny Woolf said...

That sounds both simple and delicious. Thank you! I will try it.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm delighted you're going to try it, Jenny.

Counters


View My Stats